What a strange week it’s been. What with walls blowing up, and, well, walls blowing up (?)
(DWB’s regular schedule will resume on Monday with … the real David Airey.)
If you survive on take-away out here, you don’t consume a lot of products with labels slapped on. That’s because you’ll generally eat out of clear baggies.
(A branding opportunity?)
Eating off the street is a must do experience. It’s not so much the stomach problems that are the worry (those were cleaned up years back). It’s getting those blasted rubber bands off the baggies.
(I even hear tell the Thai government has made acquiring this talent a gotta for expats submitting retirement visas. Time to practice?)
But no matter. Thanks to Jo and Jay at Learn Thai Podcast I have just the trick.
(I’ve been waiting to plug their Thai language blog and seems this is the perfect opportunity. Yes?)
Either click on the screen shot below, or check out their podcast at Thailand Survival Skills: Dealing with Rubber Bands.
(Go ahead and tell them cat sent you.)
Coming up is a range of photos taken around Thailand. Some will have their English equivalents. Some not (can you guess who they are?)
Some items were purchased last night for this meme. And except for two, all run down hill.
Meet you at the bottom …
There is a reason I finished with the Oolong Tea. Last night, after struggling back home with cans and cans of BEER and COFFEE and bottles of WHISKY and such, I googled Oolong Tea Hill Country Thailand. What I found was interesting.
For instance, did you know that …
- The tea plant is native to northern Thailand, but the Thais are not avid tea drinkers.
- The same climatic conditions optimum for opium poppies also produces tea.
- Chiang-kei Shek’s Nationalist Army (hiding in Thailand) switched from gem and drug smuggling, black marketing, etc, to raising Oolong Tea in the Hill Country of Thailand.
- The Royal Project and the United Nations International Drug Control Program is responsible for switching poppy cultivation to tea cultivation.
Pretty hot stuff, yes?
So. Did you guess which was which?
(Hmm, since the photo shoot is over, I imagine it’s ok to consume that what runs down hill. Yes? Can you guess which ones I’m going for? Hmmm?)
Blogs involved in the Branding / Timeline meme:
- Logo Design Love | 33 logos in 33 minutes
- Dear Jane Sample | fun with brands
- SEGD | 14 logos in 14 minutes
- The Toad Stool | brand day: morning edition
- a binary life | day in brands
- Afs world! | 12 logos in 12 minutes
- Binky the doormat | day in brands
- Fox’s Den | brand name day
- Creative Beef | Friday in brands
- thehappycorp.com | what time is your brand?
- ADCD Graffiti | brands you encounter
- Manhattan Offender | brand timeline
- philsblogging.com | where we encounter brands
- E.K.’s Hideaway | brand new day
- The Marketing Student | day in the life of gen Y
- Mike Vogel | brand timeline portrait
- dehog. this is me. | day in brands and logos
- Beyond Rivalry | brand timeline portrait
Now that’s a LOT of new blogs to visit. Yes?
Technorati Tags: Branders, logo, logos, meme, Thailand
<< -- Please report dead blogs via the contact form -- >>